The Kingdom School Institute is a very unique training program that assists you and your school in adopting a strategic, intentional and holistic plan that directly impacts the culture of your community. We are committed to a training paradigm and educational model that prepares our students to enter the world thinking Christianly (2 Cor. 10:5), reasoning with other worldviews (Acts 17), persuading others to follow Christ (Acts 17), and thinking, writing and speaking critically and intelligently.
This is not just another Christian school conference. Building a Kingdom School Institute features a distinct and specific focus: training Christian school leaders in how to build a Kingdom school based on the biblical philosophy of "Kingdom Education." We equip Christian school leaders with a biblical philosophy of education, and assist them in developing a comprehensive, intentional plan to drive this philosophy into key influences of their school culture.
We fully believe that authentic devotion to the Christian faith and academic excellence are mutually reinforcing. There are not two or three forms of excellence, but rather an ethos that is cultivated throughout every facet of our school. Faith is not separated from learning but rather integrated intentionally resulting in a distinctive Christian worldview. Scholarship and learning become integral components to the maturation process known as discipleship. Thus, becoming a disciple of Jesus Christ, the ultimate objective of the Great Commission (Matt. 28:19-20) is the prize for which we strive—it is the highest form of excellence! It is conceivable that we could produce students with the spiritual depth needed to enter our pluralistic society and not fall prey to empty philosophies, but enter the marketplace God has called them to with confidence, purpose and an eternal perspective.
Delegates attending KSi will leave secure with the knowledge that the key to building a Kingdom School rests in developing an intentional plan that includes:
• Commitment to the Kingdom Education philosophy of education in all areas of the school
• Defining a Kingdom-focused culture
• Intentionally promoting a Kingdom-focused culture
Registration is Now Open!
NEW KSi 2019 Dates
Prestonwood Christian Academy
6801 W. Park Blvd, Plano, TX 75025
Wednesday, June 19 to Friday, June 21, 2019
First Registrant through May 30–$270
Each Additional through May 30–$220
ACSI CEU’s available.
You must provide VPP# at registration!
Dr. Larry Taylor
Head of School
Prestonwood Christian Academy, Plano, TX
Dr. Larry Taylor has a Bachelor of Science Education Degree from University of Central Florida and a Master's Degree in Educational Leadership from Nova University.
He received his Doctor of Philosophy in Leadership Studies from Dallas Baptist University.
Larry currently serves as Head of School, Prestonwood Christian Academy, Plano, TX.
Dr. Lynn E. Swaner
Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer
Association of Christian Schools International
Dr. Lynn E. Swaner is the Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer at ACSI, where she leads initiatives to address compelling questions and challenges facing Christian education.
Prior to joining ACSI she served as a Christian school administrator and a graduate professor of education.
A published scholar, noted researcher, and conference speaker, she is the lead editor of the book PIVOT: New Directions for Christian Education, co-author of Bring It to Life: Christian Education and the Transformative Power of Service-Learning, and editor of the ACSI blog.
She received her EdD from Teachers College, Columbia University, in New York City.
Chelsey Youman, Esq.
First Liberty Institute, Plano, TX
Chelsey Youman, Esq., is Counsel for First Liberty Institute, concentrating on religious liberty matters and First Amendment rights.
She joined First Liberty Institute after working for a law firm in private practice, where she successfully litigated corporate fraud matters, complex commercial litigation, and consumer rights issues in both federal and state jurisdictions.
Youman received her Juris Doctor from Southern Methodist University, where she was a Dean’s Scholarship Recipient. She was also a member of the Board of Advocates, where she successfully argued in off-campus mock trial competitions and was a member of the Aggie Law Society and SMU Christian Legal Society. During law school, she clerked for the Consumer Protection Division in the Office of the Attorney General of Texas and First Liberty Institute.
Youman completed her undergraduate at Texas A&M University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, minoring in Sociology. In her time at Texas A&M, Youman spent a summer as a White House intern under President George W. Bush. She was also a member of the Texas A&M Pre-Law Society and College Republicans. Youman spent much of her time in college serving and inspiring youths in Young Life Ministry.
Charles W. Phillips, Ph. D.
Maclellan Foundation, Chattanooga, Tennessee
KSi Conference Modules
All attendees will attend the Kingdom Education Philosophy Training
- Faculty and Staff Professional Development
- Teacher/Classroom Instruction for Lower School Teacher
- Teacher/Classroom Instruction for Middle and Upper School Teacher
- Curriculum Development and Alignment
- Learning Lab (Students with Learning Differences)
- Guidance Program/College Placement
- Fine Arts
- Training Students through Effective Discipline
- Institutional Effectiveness in the Christian School
- The 4th “R”: Authentic Communication Skills
- Finding Your FLOW in the Classroom
- Biblically Integrated Instruction: Defined, Planned, and Assessed
- Differentiated Instruction
- Instructional Technology + Technical Services = Engaging Students With Technology
- Communication Arts
- Beyond Biology: A Creation Based Classroom
- Luke 2:52 Student Spiritual Development: A Comprehensive Program
- Family and Parenting
- Student Leadership
- Leading Up: Upping the Ante in Culture, Expectations and Innovation
- Apologetics: Implementing and Training Students (and staff) in a Defense of Christianity
- Leading with Understanding
- Painting Your Self-Portrait of Leadership
- Building a Unified Culture
- Cultural Diversity
- Measure what Matters: Discovering how to use Christ-centered Assessment to Differentiate like Jesus.
- The Protectors: Freedom From Bullying
- The DNA of a Flourishing School
- Leadership at any level is influence
- Religious Freedom in the Private School Setting
- Teaching Christian Exclusivism in a Pluralistic World
- Bring it to Life: Christian Education and the Transformative Power of Service-Learning
KSi Sponsoring Partner
From the beginning, SBACS has partnered with KSi to promote the Institute, sponsoring member schools to attend by providing cash grants. Thanks to various partners, SBACS has awarded nearly $90,000 in grants to help schools send their leaders to KSi. Grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to member schools only. If your school is not an SBACS member, you can join SBACS by clicking here.